Petzl Quark Nomic Ergo - Bolt kits and welded allen wrench sets

|
I stripped the bolt when removing the hammer from my quark and set out to replace the hardware. Since I was sourcing the hardware and because you have to buy nuts in sets of 50 I thought I'd assemble a few kits for fellow ice climbers at the same time.

If you don't want to buy my kit or want to know what part numbers I am using here is the parts list from McMaster Carr. All part numbers are McMaster numbers.

Parts List:
93935A340 - 316 Stainless Thin Hex Nuts M8 X 1.25mm thread
98035A105 - Black Oxide Washers 8.4mm ID, 16mm OD
9066A138 - 316 Stainless Steel low profile socket head screw M8 x 1.25mm thread, 20mm long
6958A15 - 5mm hex key (for head bolts on ice tools)
6958A13 - 3mm hex key (for trigrest and pawls on ice tools)

I bought enough for a friend and I and have 6 extra sets. The sets will come with one custom hex multi tool 3mm/5mm, two cap screws, two washers (for no hammer/adze setup), and two nuts.

The hex keys were TIG welded together for use in the field with gloves on. I bought long hex keys so the weld/heat affected area won't ruin the ends and cause stripping when used. The weld was sand blasted and then a light coat of orange paint to protect the weld from corrosion. The orange paint also makes the tool easy to locate.

Here are some pictures. Kits are $23 ea including shipping. Items will ship USPS with tracking number. Payment via paypal as friend or add 3% for normal paypal. The closest kit on the market I can find is from needle sports that sells three bolts, nuts, and thin lock washer for $23 or trades. They don't include the washer. If you are in the field and have to replace a pick and you drop the washer/spacer you'd have to have an extra ready. My kit has those so you can keep climbing.

And the pics:

Hardware

Hex tool tig weld

washer

washer fits as required when not using an adze or hammer.

3mm / 5mm tig welded hex tool

3mm fits pawls and trigrest

5mm fits head bolts

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags