FS- McHale LBP40 backpack

Hello all, unfortunately I need to sell my backpack which was custom made by Dan McHale about a year and a half ago for me. I am the original and only owner, and the pack has been used on two or three weekend backpacking trips in the Sierras. The pack has a few small dirty spots since it has been used in the field, but is in absolutely perfect condition, structurally, with no signs of wear on any of the fabric or zippers.

If you are familiar with McHale packs, you'll know that they are considered pretty much without peer in the backpacking world, and are bombproof. This pack is sort of cool in that I believe it is the last full Dyneema pack Dan made. Dyneema is a Spectra-like fabric that is used in sails, body armor, etc. In fact my rifle armor plates are made of Dyneema. Due to difficulties in availability, Dan switched to Spectra instead, and even lists this pack on his website as being full spectra, however, it is actually Dyneema (as shown on the order form which is included with the pack). Everything green on the pack is 1000D cordura.

I have a 37" waist, and the waistbelts can adjust approximately 6 inches smaller, and 8 inches wider than my waist size. This pack has the P&G bayonets, which means that the internal frame can either be the length of where the shoulder straps attach (day pack mode), or extended a good 6 or so inches above that for carrying larger loads and more shoulder lift.

I paid $1283 for the pack, and since it is used, I'm selling it at a fraction of that cost. I know that many people who buy a McHale do so and spend that amount because they want custom for them. For this reason I am pricing this in the range of other high quality (but not custom) packs such as Kifaru and Mystery Ranch. I think that for a lightly used McHale pack you would be challenged to find anywhere close to a deal like this...

I am asking $700 shipped to CONUS. I prefer paypal to:
[email protected]
...but can also accept cashier's check/ money order.

This pack, with the frame extended and all pouches attached, can hold a massive amount of gear and weight. But with all the pouches and straps removed, and bayonets taken out, it becomes a light, small, and handy daypack. I am happy to answer any questions, and a DVD on using the pack will be included with it. Unfortunately I'm not open to trades, and serious inquiries only please. Feel free to contact me here, or better yet, at the previous email I listed.

Here is a photo Dan took of my specific pack:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I took these to show different configurations. Almost every pocket, strap, etc. you see on the pack can be removed:

With a Hilleberg Tarra and Hilleberg Nammatj 2 tents inside:

My dog is a 60 lb Malinois, for reference:

This is not my actual pack, however it is the same style, and shows how small the pack can be made in daypack mode with the pouches, lid, etc. removed:

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags