FS: 30*F 800+fp goose down quilt

The following is the original BPL thread, posted by Javan Dempsey, maker and seller of the quilt.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=76441&skip_to_post=658344#658344

I then bought it off Brian Lindahl this past late April, and as i don't backpack much at all in the late Spring to early Fall period, didn't use it much. Actually, it was my wife who mostly used it the few times we went out with it. This was Brian's post:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=33716&skip_to_post=287220#287220

So, i'm selling it for 145 dollars via the usual paypal spiel on here shipping CONUS included, pay pay gift or pay fees, etc.

I will be honest, overall i think it's a great quilt but it does have a (now much more minor) issue. Overall build quality looks pretty good. Double checked the stitching and it's not sewn through, nor karo baffles which leads me to believe it's the internal mesh baffle design.

However, it does have some flaws, which i've mostly corrected. I've found that the omni tape going up the footbox would somewhat easily separate (with restless sleeping/tossing) and the little snap at the top doesn't stay closed, and the draw cord at end would also somewhat easily loosen up. The draw cord was some regular type cord, and not shock cord. I replaced it with shock cord and now it tensions up and stays closed MUCH better.

For the omni tape, i went up a few inches or so off the end and sewed about a foot of it completely closed primarily using zig zag stitch, then reinforced at the ends with some close straight stitch. It still has some open area for the omnitape at the top and a little at the bottom so it can still ventilate well in warmer weather, but it won't "oh crap" open up in colder weather like it sometimes did before.

I can put some pics up tomorrow. I'm not selling it for the above reasons (overall i like it a lot, especially since the mods), but because i'm trying to fund a recent purchase of a very warm quilt for any possible future more extreme cold trips (that and my wife is a rather cold sleeper usually). Yep, the recent EE deal was too tempting, and got a 0 degree quilt, and you know what they say about Down, it puts you down in the hole..the financial hole that is.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags