FS: Tarptent Notch ($275) and HMG Echo II Shelter System ($600)

Tarptent Notch ($275) and HMG Echo II Shelter System ($600)

As my wife quips: you know what your problem is? Your two tents.

I purchased these two tents when preparing for a trip on the Superior Hiking Trail & Isle Royale this summer, but ended up settling on a ZPacks Duplex instead, which worked well for me.

1) Tarptent Notch purchased May 2016. I tested it three nights in the backyard; it’s extremely well designed, but I found it too cramped for my comfort. As-new condition — no flaws, tears, etc. The tent is the version with the fully mesh clip-in interior. It comes with four stakes, but requires that you use your own trekking poles or purchase vertical support poles from Tarptent (poles not included). This newer version comes with the apex pullouts so you can roll up both doors. Package also includes trekking pole handle adapters (2), Tyvek groundsheet (1), and factory seam-sealing service. Paid $340 direct from Tarptent plus shipping. Asking $275.

2) Hyperlite Mountain Gear Echo II Shelter System purchased June 2016. Complete with tarp, beak, and insert. No tent stakes included – you will need to provide those, as well as two trekking poles to support the tent. I had already decided on the Duplex by the time I got this, so it’s never been set up — new, unused, unopened in stuff sack with original $695 tag. Asking $600.

Prices include my paying for shipping USPS Priority to CONUS addresses only. PayPal only; I will also cover the PayPal fees for Goods & Services.

Please contact me via email: newstok at g mail dot com.