FS: Borah Bug Bivy cuben bottom

I have for sale a Borah Gear Bug Bivy, long and wide, side zipper on left side. Almost new, used a total of four nights only on the trail.

I had some custom modifications done to this bivy to make it more bug-proof:

1) The bottom is cuben

2) A two-way zipper, YKK 5 instead of just YKK 3 (I like a robust zipper since they are failure points)

3) Has three total pullouts on top, at head, chest and foot

4) Two additional tie out loops added at the head end for staking in addition to the two standard at foot

5) I added inside it three cuben fiber taped mitten hooks (from zPacks) to which I can attach my torso pad and quilt to keep them from moving around. Adds only 4g of weight and you can always snip them off if you don’t need them.

Total weight on my scale: 166g = 5.85oz. (Add 4g for the cuben stuff bag.)

It is practically brand new, and the netting in perfect shape. I got it new a couple months ago direct from Borah and just used it recently for the first time on a four night PCT section and it worked great. I wanted something bug bullet proof and this is it.

Borah does great work and has superb craftsmanship.

But I also have a regular cuben Borah bivy and have found that it does the job for me just as well for bugs, so I have realized that I really don’t need them both. So I am letting this one go to a new home.

Price $100, shipped CONUS, payment via PP F&F.

Send me a PM if interested.

The cuben bottom means it cost more than the standard silnylon bottom, but I think the extra features are worth it since it even more bug-proof than the off-the-shelf bivy, and better in wet weather.

Here it is in action last week on the PCT, with head tied out to my trekking poles and foot tied out to a small branch. Always used with polycro beneath it.

– Randy