WTB: McHale LBP or S-SARC

Folks,

I’m in the market for a McHale pack for winter hiking and multi-person sherpa trips where I’m hauling a Hilleberg Nammatj 3GT. Volume-wise I’m looking at ~70-80 litres for the main pack, which I think puts me at an LBP 38 or larger, up to a S-SARC 41 or 42. Feel free to correct me on that though.

According to Dan’s directions I have an 18″ back. It’s got to be within 1/2-3/4″ of that or I’d wind up having to send the pack to Dan to be customized, and the cost / time to do so would probably be prohibitive.

For materials, I’d prefer dyneema X-grid or full spectra over cuben or cordura, but I’m more concerned about fit and volume than exact materials or colours.

Before I reach out to Dan to have him make one for me, I wanted to see if there’s anything close to my specification available here. Let me know if you have a pack that’s in the ballpark…

Note: I had a ULA Catalyst, and the volume was smaller than I wanted for these types of trip. Also, my sizing was off. Normally I take a Medium, but I think I needed a Large for that pack.

Cheers!

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags