FS One Person Tarp-Tent 21 Ounces

A long distance hiker and gear maker has donated 8 of his tents to a local non-profit organization I work with and there are now only 3 left. This one here is a one person tarp tent made from 1.1 oz. silicone coated nylon with bug screen all around. It uses your trekking poles for support.

This tent has a screened-in rectangular floor measuring 32” by 86”. There is additional room under the eaves for storing your gear and a large overhanging front entrance for dry coming and goings. The peaks, measured on the inside of the tent, are 15” high in the back and 32” high in the front.

The tent setup is designed to be flexible. The sides can be staked down either close to the ground in cool windy weather or higher up for more ventilation when it is warm out. In the pictures, one side is staked up a little and the other up higher so you can see it two ways. It can be staked so the tarp is right next to the ground to seal out winds. The front door and back end have movable panels for when the wind tries to blow in the ends. In one picture you can see the Velcro patches for holding it in place. One additional unique feature is that the floor can be attached to the roof using Velcro tabs. This way the tent can be set up or taken down in the rain while keeping the interior dry. The gently curving roof line sheds wind and rain with ease. I use a two person version of this tent and after a week of wet weather, everything was still dry inside.

My scale says the tent weighs 20.95 ounces including the stuff sack. Not included are the trekking poles, tent stakes or a ground sheet. I am only guessing that the tent has been used because it has been seam sealed, but I could not see any wear on it. Set up will need 10 stakes.

Price is $200 via PayPal Friends and Family, shipping is included.  All proceeds will go to the Friends of Badger Mountain, a 501c3 non-profit in Richland WA

Detail

Tags