FS: EB Downlight Hoody, medium steel, brand new

I posted this over on the discussion on Gear Deals, and figured I would re-post here. The best you can get this for IIRC is about $200 with EB's current promo code.
I'm selling for $150, shipped to CONUS!

Please don't PM me, send email to sns426 [at] gmail [dot] com

My previous comments and consideration of this piece, from the Gear Deals thread:

Got a Downlight Hoody on mega discount earlier this week from the sale listed at the start of this thread. Not going to keep it because the MB Mirage that I got from Bobby on the Gear Swap beats it out, but that Downlight Hoody was pretty impressive just the same. It reminds me somewhat of a an overstuffed MB Down Inner Parka, something like that. Sewn through construction, simple detailing, sizing was roughly comparable to my MB from several years ago IIRC.

What was most interesting about it though, and why I mention "overstuff" is that the down chambers felt unusually firm and resilient, not like the wispy-thin stuff I'm familiar with. Even though the MB Mirage had an overall higher loft and box construction, and was certainly warmer, the Downlight Hoody had a plush cushness to it that was reassuring, pleasant, kind of unique. I don't know if you get that "firmness" from overstuffing or just using more feathers, or what. I'm no down expert by any means.

But, just thought I would put in my $0.02. If I wanted a slightly more robust, more affordable, slightly heavier, and pleasantly puffy piece than the MB Mirage, Alpine Light, or e.g. GoLite Bitterroot ... the Downlight Hoody would be a good choice. And under weight at ~14.xx oz.

And by the way(!) if anybody wants my size medium / steel / brand new Downlight Hoody, I would happily sell it rather than return it. I think the best you can do online now is about $200 with their current promo code. I would sell it for $150 to anybody interested!

Can post pictures if anybody needs them. Happy to provide my measurements, comments on fit, and that sort of thing.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags