FS: Western Mountaineering Alpinelite Long quilt

$160 shipped paypal gift or add 3%.

SOLD PENDING FUNDS
This is a Western Mountaineering Alpinelite Long sleeping bag that has been modified to a quilt. 20 degrees. 33 oz on my scale.

The zipper teeth have been cut off and the rest of the nylon cinged so it won't unravel.

There are five flat buckles sewn into the stiff zipper guard, spaced about a foot apart. They won't rip off.

The main modification was cutting off the hood. Then the open material was sewn closed, keeping as much down as possible. Then grosgrain was sewn over that to give it a more finished look. Some of the thread is black, some white, both tough outdoor polyester thread.

All was done by hand; it's not pretty but it's not too bad either. Again, this is an amateur job done with needle and thread.

There is some down stuck in a few needle holes where the hood was cut off but I haven't found that it is leaking.

This is still a warm quilt, still western mountaineering craftsmanship, except where modified of course. For the price, it'd be a great backup quilt, or winter over bag.

As far as weight, it is the same. What was lost by removing zipper and hood, was replaced by buckles, grosgrain and thread.
33 oz on my scale.

So why did I take my heavy hand to this WM beauty? I wanted a wider quilt than what is currently offered. Most quilts in WIDE are 58 inches. This is 64 inches. It gave me room to toss and turn and still be protected.

I enjoyed the quilt for less than a year before switching to a zpacks bag. Then the quilt sat in closet in the stuff sack, smoke free home.

It comes with stuff sack and storage bag.
Thx