FS: REI Minimalist Waterproof/Breathable Bivy, Regular Length, Green

For sale:

I got another bivy, so my one-in-one-out gear policy says this one needs to go! This is the standard length bivy and fits me with room to spare at 5'10" and L/XL size. The actual weight is 15.8oz on my scale. It does require some sort of overhead cover as the face area is netting. The side zipper is hooded and there is a storm flap below the face opening, so water won't run down the chest and onto your face. Great for use with a poncho tarp or other small SUL shelters. In perfect condition showing little or no use. A stuff sack is not included. $55 including US shipping and PayPal fees.

REI description:

Leave the heavy tent behind! With its waterproof, breathable design and meticulous details, the REI Minimalist Bivy sack is perfect for use in snow caves and as an ultralight shelter .

Breathable REI Elements® laminate adds waterproof, windproof qualities to the tough ripstop nylon shell; features a durable nylon taffeta floor and factory-sealed seams

* 6 zipper sliders let you configure mesh panel and arm openings a variety of ways

* Differentiated zipper pulls (1 round and 1 flat) let you easily adjust hood and arm openings in the dark without confusion

*Mesh bug panel extends from shoulders to top of head; can be rolled up and secured via toggle and loop when not in use

*Internal sleeping bag attachment clips to the hang loop at the head of your sleeping bag to keep it from shifting around

*Built-in rain-gutter flap below shoulders keeps dew and rain from rolling over mesh panel

*Roomy configuration provides 64 in. girth at shoulders

-----------------------------------------------------------
REI Minimalist Bivy Sack - Regular Specs Specification

Description

Best use: Backpacking

Seasons: 4-season

Weight: 15 ounces
Weight - metric: 0.43 kilograms
Packed size" 6 x 10 inches
Bivy length: 82 inches
Shoulder width: 32 inches

Detail