FS: Golite Jam – Size Large – $35 Shipped CONUS – Heavy Use

Priority based on order of PM received.  Shipping included CONUS.  Payment via paypal friends or fees paid by buyer.  Thanks!

Selling a Golite Jam Size Large in Green – $35 Shipped CONUS

I believe this is the first generation Jam that is the lighter version.  Weight 24.3 oz on my scale.

This backpack has seen heavy use while travelling over the last years.  The backpack is cosmetically pretty beaten up and definitely could use some TLC by someone that has the time.  It is functionally fine (solid seams on shoulder straps, waist strap, all buckles function well) and will work for many years to come (this fabric is INCREDIBLY durable for a lightweight fabric), and would be a great fit for someone that is looking to get a lightweight strong backpack on the cheap.

I’ll try to do my best to describe the pack and its flaws but expect a cosemetically very rough but functional lightweight pack made with dyneema and you won’t be dissapointed.

There are many (15-20) small dime sized holes/punctures in the dyneema x fabric.  The waterproof backing has delaminated in many places as seen from the inside (this delam doest do much as you wouldn’t expect a pack like this to be waterproof, but it is worth noting).  The webbing that has been shortened was done by hand while travelling and functionally is fine but ascetically is a bit rough.  Same goes for the black patch (pictured) down by the back pad.  All of the small holes could be patched by someone with the time.  All zippers work fine.  Dyneema fabric has been lightly dusted with black spraypaint to make it look dirty (keep people from stealing it) while travelling  Side stetch water bottle holders show a good amount of wear and one has a quarter sized hole but it works fine unless you are carrying quarters :)

Weight reductions / removals:

• camelback holder (internal)
  • shoulder strap webbing shortened (fits me with room to spare at 6’1, 230lb, size 46 suit jacket – I’m very broad shouldered)
  • waist strap webbing shortened (again fits me fine with room to spare (36″ waist)
  • ice axe loops?? (not sure what these are but they have been removed from the upper back of the bag)

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.  I tried to get pictures of what I saw as I flipped the pack around but may have missed minor things.  This isn’t a pack for the analretentive.  Definitely rough around the edges but it will get you there for years to come!

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags