FS Terra Nova Solar Photon II

For sale is my used Terra Nova Solar Photon II. $250 OBO 

I think this tent may be discontinued, it was previously a top pick on outdoorgearlab.

Purchased here on gearswap(third owner), I used it on a few long weekend trips. It has a minor smokey smell from my inexperience (setting it up downwind from a woodstove.) The wear I notice is a little stress point on the inner fabric where it connects to the pole. It’s located at the base of the second loop up on the front door, right side. There are patches included of each material in case it ever gets worse. I don’t think it’s serious, and the sort of thing that often would go unnoticed or unmentioned. The front vent is also bent from packing, I assume it’s an easy fix but at first try it bounced around and did not reform perfectly. Maybe it’s like this new, either way you can guy out the vents to be semicircles.

There were only 5 stakes with the tent when I got it, there are now 4. They’re the tiny 1 gram paperclip stakes and should only be used on the least stressful spots like the vents. There’s no pole sleeve included in the repair kit. If bought for $250 I’ll include a few MSR mini groundhog stakes, but you’ll still need a few more to supplement. There were 15 stakes originally, I can think of 12 stakable/ guyable spots off the top of my head.

The loose poles are 8.88 oz, the outer weighs 11.90 oz, the inner plus stuffsack is 13.20 oz, so it’s roughly 34 oz plus stakes.

Please pm me and I can easily email photos from my phone tonight. I’ll try to get some up here later.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags