FS: SMD Skyscape Trekker

From time to time, I come across hikers rocking SMD tents. All we do is look at each other, give a quick nod, and then go for the chest-bump (or only the nod sometimes, too). There’s a reason for this – SMD tents are absolutely awesome.
I have pitched this tent under blizzards, torrential downpours, and outright scary winds. Never had to readjust a pole, tighten a strap, etc.

The tent uses two trekking poles for set up, but dedicated 2oz CF poles can be purchased from SMD. Since the ends go into an “extender” which has two little pockets to keep the poles from poking through the roof, you can get creative and use any sort of pole that will hold the structure.

I will ship this with a set of ultralight stakes, and a footprint if you so choose.

Couple of notes:
– SMD tents have a velcro piece at the bottom of the entrance to keep strong winds from unzipping the tent (I presume). This little velcro piece tends to get caught on the netting. It doesn’t cause any functional damage, but it visually damages it. This is a common issue on SMDs. See the pic attached (credit to BPL).

– This is the 2014 version, meaning that while both sides of the canopy unzip, there is only one entry point through the mesh.

– The tent is seam sealed. However, I had to do a quick sealing job upon finding out that a whole bunch of rain was heading my way at the Centennial Trail. Water does not come in (yay) but the job was not the prettiest ever.

– The tent is 80% double-walled (that is, mesh separates you from the canopy). The upper portion clearly has no mesh, meaning that standard ventilation know-how apply to keep the topside condensation-free.

– The stuff sack can use a couple of stitched along the side. No biggie.

– New price is $235. SMD is all out of them, and will not have more until May. You can take this one for $195, shipped.

Let me know if you have any questions!
FYI – FB Crosspost