FS: Rab Electron Jacket – Size Medium – Gray – Excellent Condition

$260 shipped (cost me $325 new)

Weighs 15.8 oz on my scale (size medium). Size large has 6.7 oz of 800 fp down according to Rab. Sewn-through construction. 20D Pertex Endurance outer.

I’ve owned this jacket for just a couple weeks. I bought it after my Montbell Mirage tore a hole and I decided I wanted something with comparable warmth but more durability. I’ve only used it around town in 20-40 F but intended to also use the jacket as a puffy for backpacking in colder (but not super cold) weather here in New England.

The Electron is a great jacket but I’ve decided to go back to the Mirage because, even though the 7D on the Mirage isn’t super durable, the Mirage fits me slightly better (I’m 5’11, 180 lbs) and is warmer for its weight  — though the Electron is no slouch in the latter category, either! What I liked about the Electron is the material (seems durable and silky smooth), cuffs (non-adjustable but very comfortable keep the air out), and hood (seals well… Rab makes great hoods). It’s pretty comparable in warmth to the Mirage, but heavier because of the difference in features and more durable nylon (20D vs 7D).

Email me at stephencwcollins at gmail dot com if interested. Thanks!

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags