Reduced - The North Face Superlight, Vintage 1975 Goose Down Filled Mummy Sleeping Bag

|
Reduced from $150.00 to $140.00- Classic TNF, brown label Superlight. 0 degree's rated. This was acquired on e-bay and it looked pretty good until I went to wash it. I was spot treating with Nikwax down wash and discovered a torn seam held together with a safety pin in the foot box on the inside. There's a seamstress here in Estes Park who repairs gear for me so we went over the entire bag and she fixed the torn seam and reinforced some others. I repaired 2 spark holes and a frayed spot with tiny nylon patches and seam grip. The bag has now been washed with the Nikwax and it came out very nice. The loft is very good, the bag rejuvenated and is ready to use. This is not an old beat up bag. The previous owner said that it was used for 3 years in the 70's and then camping once and a while through the 80's. It had been hanging in his closet since then. He said it had never been washed. Its appearance since washing is near new. I'm not keeping it because it turns out to be a regular and not a large as advertised. If it is of interest to you, I'm asking $140.00 shipped to your location.

- Hooded mummy bag
- Goose down filled. Rated to 5 degree's.
- Size regular fits to 6' tall, left zip.
- 6" slant box baffle construction.
- Box foot construction
- Dark Blue, 1.9 Ounce Ripstop Nylon
- Weighs 3lbs, 10 ounces

TNF Chamois.

Rated down to 0 degree's.

Early brown label.

Spark holes repaired with nylon patches and Seam Grip. Held up fine through washing and drying.

Split seam repaired and box foot section reinforced by a seamstress.

Close up of repaired area.

Opened out.

Inside down.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags