Tarptent Double Rainbow w/ add-ons: $275 shipped

Included for $275 shipped (CONUS) are the following items: Tarptent Double Rainbow, carbon fiber pole, breathable liner, six aluminum 6″ stakes w/ silnylon sack, two 8″ tip extenders, and silnylon stuff sack. PayPal only.

Save for some dirt here and there, the tent is in perfect condition. We’ve used it in all 4 seasons and it has never failed us, even in heavy wind, thunder storms, and modest snowfall. Best of all it is one of the lightest 2-person tents on the market.

I purchased the Double Rainbow last year with the carbon fiber pole and breathable liner upgrades. Total original cost, before shipping, was just over $350 (see pic). I seam sealed the tent following the instructions on the tarptent website; including some sealant on the floor to keep sleeping pads from sliding around. Henry Shires typically charges about $30 to factory seal his tents. I also made trekking pole tip extenders to use with women’s hiking poles, which cost another $8. All-in-all, I’ve spent about $400 on this tent.

I’m selling the tent for one simple reason; we want a true free standing tent. A lot of wilderness in our area requires that tents be pitched on platforms. I never use hiking poles so I can only use this tent on platforms when hiking with my girlfriend and she only uses her poles on about 50% of trips. It kills me to sell this tent, but I know I’ll get more use out of a free standing tent. Feel free to email me or PM with questions.