Liners

Detail

Detail

Detail

With over boots

Detail

Over boots

Detail of over boots

This is a great system for keeping your feet healthy at high elevation mountaineering. I bought these beauties in 1999 to climb Denali, beat the heck out them for 20 days and never wore them again. The plastic is a bit scuffed and one of the neoprene overboots has a small tear (easy to fix) in the upper, fabric part (not the actual neoprene bottoms). These are amazingly warm, high performance boots that will accept bindings for crampons, snow shoes and alpine ski rigs. Whatever happens to you out there, your feet won't freeze with these boots. I wear a size 10.5 street shoe, and have pretty fat feet. These gems are cozy.

Scarpa Invernos these days retail new for about $360 and the over boots go for around $150. In my opinion, if it's cold enough for the boots, you are going to want the over boots as well, which is why I'm combining the two for $320 + shipping.

Now just to state the obvious, the over boots go over the boots. They are worn on the exterior of the boot, like a giant sock. Crampons (or whatever) strap directly to the overboot. These over boots provide an extra 10 or so degrees of safety in extreme cold and are standard gear on the biggest mountains. Of course the boot by itself is a pretty serious piece of gear and great for day to day winter sports, from ice climbing to trecking to alpine skiing or snow shoeing.

Read more about overboots here

40below.com/products_results.p...

Read about Scarpa Inverno's here

scarpa.com/inverno