FS: Tarptent Contrail

NOTE: The picture uploader keeps timing out, so there aren't any pics right now. I found this out after I typed out the ad (which is why it keeps saying "see pictures") and will try to add them in later on. In the meantime, I put them on Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/78567221@N08/albums/72157661183375946

Selling a well-used but very solid TT Contrail ($100 shipped/PP CONUS). The tent was seam-sealed by the previous owner and probably has about 30 or so nights on it from me. The previous owner was the original owner (to the best of my knowledge) and noted that the tent had been used for about 6 nights. Hasn't been used in the field since 2013 (switched to a tarp after that).

PMs work, but I can also be reached at jrowan2 (at) Google's popular e-mail service.
Notes on condition below:

Overall, this is a very nice, reliable shelter, and I'd have no hesitation throwing it in my pack for the upcoming season/a long distance hike. That said, there have been a few repairs/other things to take note of, so please read the points below carefully. This is an absolutely fantastic shelter for someone who's looking to get lighter on a budget, but it's not a museum piece and I want everybody to be happy.

* Floor repair: There was a small hole in the floor that the previous owner fixed with some silicone. I have his pic of it below (I actually couldn't find it when I set it up today), and the repair is rock solid- I had a 2" puddle form under me on the Wonderland Trail in 2013, and it held up like a champ.

* Beak repair- There was a very small hole in the beak (trekking pole tip), which I just patched up with tenacious tape. Even without the repair, it was in a pretty inconsequential spot. Before and after pics featured below.

* Zipper- Fully functional, but could probably use a good cleaning. They will catch every once in a while, but never get fully stuck. I haven't had any issue actually using it, but it's not silky smooth by any means.

There's also a decent bit of trail dust on there- I spent some time today cleaning it out and getting a lot of it out, but it's still there. There's nothing excessive, but I probably wouldn't go shaking it out in the living room either.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags