Pack-Palooza and More

Pack-Palooza and More = e-Garage Sale on Packs my family has ... plus more

2009 ULA Equipment Catalyst – Size XL (Hip Belt: Med). “The tried and true workhorse of the ULA Pack line”. Virtually in brand new condition and includes all of the ULA removable accoutrements. (Internal Hydration Sleeve; Internal Stash Pocket (opposite of the Hydration Sleeve); Water Bottle Holster Bands: and Hand loops.

I bought this when my family was going to do the JMT the first time together. I thought I would have to carry a lot more than I normally do because of the need to carry some of my kids (then aged 9 & 12) gear to reduce their personal carry weights.
Used on one overnight … then my family took mercy on me and cooperated with reducing all of our weights. Pack has been forgotten in the closet since … until now.
This model has mesh side pockets, a dyneema X (grid-stop) bottom, and J shaped shoulder pads,

$ 135 CONUS (New is $250, and this is in new condition)
ULA Catalyst webpage
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
2009 Gossamer Gear Gorilla – Size Small. In used condition (still has lots of life left for your kid to give it a go). Includes optional hip-belt pockets, and a very used Gossamer Gear Nightlight Sleep Pad (it has several duct tape repairs from this summer’s JMT hike)

History of Pack: This was my daughter’s pack. Well cared for, it’s seen two major JMT hikes and numerous weekend outings. It was a great pack for her that she was very fond of. This summer’s JMT hike finally convinced her that she has finally out grown it.

$75 CONUS (A heck of deal compared to the $265 you would spent if you bought everything new now)

2009 Gossamer Gear Gorilla –Size Small. In used condition (still has lots of life left for your kid to learn on). .. Includes one Gossamer Gear Sit Pad.
This was my son’s pack. Not so well cared for the first 38 miles of its life, but then well cared from that point onward. During those first 28 miles it required a repair to the pad holder’s side mesh (see picture) and the back panel mesh got two snags (see picture) . It’s seen one JMT hike, one Philmont trek, and many Scout outings. Before he outgrew it, this pack his fav.

$55 CONUS ( compare that to the $235 you would spend if you bought it newest generation now)

MLD Exodus Pack –Size Medium. In virtually brand new condition. Includes MLD’s optional Hip Pockets too.

This was my son’s pack for a brief time while when he transitioned out of the Gorilla. VERY WELL CARED for … hardly used at all before he went on a different direction for his pack preferences.

$110 CONUS (way more affordable than the $233 you would spend if you bought it new now … and this one is in new condition)

2009 Big Agnes Zirkel SL down sleeping bag Rated for 20 degrees, Regular Size

My son didn’t use this much before switching over to a quilt. The bag made it an easy switch for him since the bottom of this bag is designed by Big Agnes to be a sleeve for a sleeping pad (no insulation). It needs a new home where it can used for what it was meant to do.

$135, CONUS (Retails for $450 if you wanted to buy it new now from BA)
Osprey Hornet 46 (48 Liter for Large Size), Size Large. COMPLETELY NEW with Tags. Includes optional but highly recommended Osprey HydraForm Reservoir for additional anatomically shaped frame support . This was the lightest of its size in their Superlight Series (which included the Exos Series & Hornet Series)
Hornet 46 Specs – REI webpage link
Hornet 46 Review – Section Hiker

$100 CONUS (When they were available, the Pack retailed new for $159 and the Hydraform Reservoir for $34. You get both)

Osprey Talon 44 Size Medium/Large. COMPLETELY NEW WITH TAGS.
Talon 44 webpage link
$100 CONUS (Retails new for $150)