FS: ZPacks Cuben 8.5'x10' Flat Tarp, MLD Serenity Duo, REI QuarterDome T3

So I just purchased the tarp last week (received this week) through this forum from . Sadly, after pitching it a couple of times I don't think my wife is too keen on the idea of tarp camping yet; and to be fair, I need to practice my pitches a bit more (and possibly upgrade/replace other pieces of my kit) before I feel comfortable relying on this setup in the backcountry.

It's a great tarp (ZPacks, duh!), in excellent condition. I'd love to keep it but I'm likely going to order one of ZPacks' tents, and am not sure I can justify the double expense at this time. So I'm considering letting one of you lucky bastards take it. For now, I just wanted to gauge interest while I consider it—must admit I'm having a bit of trouble letting go of my new [awesome] toy, but I'm told at my age I should probably start being more responsible with my money :^(

I paid Shawn $205 USD. I'm in Canada, though, and shipping here can be a bit more expensive, so I'd do $215 USD shipped to Canada/CONUS.

It's configured with 16 tie-outs (default 12—1 on each end of the ridgeline, 5 on each side—plus 2 mid-panel on each side), all upgraded with LineLoc 3s. Shawn said he'd only taken it out on 2 trips, and I've only pitched it a handful of times at a local park this week, to try it out. As mentioned before, it's in excellent condition.

Here's a pic of my sorry attempt at an A pitch (which took me way too long):
And here it is packed in its stuff sack:
I've also got a brand new MLD Serenity Duo in sil on the way (haven't received it yet, but Ron said it shipped), which I was planning to use with the tarp; but if I end-up selling it and ordering a ZPacks tent, I won't have a use for it, so I'd let that one go too, at cost.

And finally, if anyone's looking for a budget 3 person free-standing tent, I'll be selling my faithful REI Quarter Dome T3 for... $150 USD (?!). it's a great shelter (as many of you know)—has been out for probably a total of 10 trips (max) in the past couple of years, purchased brand new at an REI Garage Sale in early 2013. Always pitched with the footprint (included), and It's in great shape. Not the lightest on its own, but if you're splitting the weight with a partner (or 2), it's not too bad. Because of its volume and weight, it's probably wouldn't make sense to ship it back to the States, so Canada-only shipping for this one methinks.

Here are some pictures (taken this week):Cheers!

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags