FS: MLD Spirit 28 L and TN Discovery Lite (sub 12oz WPB) Bivy

Hi everyone,

I'm letting go of a few items:

MLD Spirit 28 in size Large. Used for about 15 nights, always used a large (13L) stuffsack on tour to avoid over-compression. Always used with long clothing (mostly merino or silk underwear).
I removed the clips for attachement to the sleeping pad as I found them unreliable and incredibly hard to operate. After talking to Ron Bell for advice, I replaced them with a cord/mini-biner system (see pictures) that works much better for me. If temperatures allow, I only attach one side on the corner of the pad (so that the quilt is fixed to the pad) and use the other one for venting. If it gets too cold, I use two loops closer to my body which results in a quilt draftlessly tucked in under my body.
My price: $155 shipped CONUS
Pad attachement on Prolite S (one side).
Pad attachement on Prolite S (both sides).
Resulting form of the quilt.
Terra Nova Discovery Lite Bivy:
This is one of the few WPB bivys I know that actually have a weight advantage over more habitable UL shelter options. Unfortunately, TN stopped making them. At my scale, it weighs in at 337g (including stuffsack I think). Regardless of it's light weight, construction seems sturdy and long-lasting to me. It is made of a goretex upper and a (nylon?) waterproof bottom. The L-shaped zip (see pictures) allows the top to be folded away in good weather. In bad weather, you can leave a small section unzipped for ventilation and weather protection at the same time (the unzipped portion will still be protected by the zipper's storm-flap).
At a length of 200cm, it is not made for very tall people. Personally however, at 5'9"-10", I had room to spare in the bivy and did not even feel claustrophobic when I almost fully zipped it up during a cold night in Yosemite.
I used it for 8 nights.
I once paid 200€ (~$220 by now, more like $250 back then) and I'd like to have $170 (shipped CONUS) for the bivy.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags