FS MLD Solo XL innernet cuben & MLD Serenity Solo Silnylon

$180 via Paypal FF or add 3%

MLD Solo XL Innernet. Cuben floor with bathtub struts.
Weight on my scale in stuff sack: 9.5 oz

I used this for two weeks on the CT with a Duomid. I know the MLD website says it will not fit, but that wasn't the case. It fit fine, after all it's only 4" wider and longer that a Solo innernet. 2" longer on each end really didn't matter, but personally, I liked the extra length inside the innernet.

I checked it over carefully and could not find any holes in the cuben, any holes or snags in the netting, and no stresses on the seams. I did not use a groundcloth for the cuben floor. There seems to be a lot of concern over using cuben as ground cloth, however, after three seasons of using cuben floors without damage, I'm not one who thinks its a poor choice for a groundcloth. I've found it to be perfectly tough and durable, including the lighter weight cuben used on this innernet. I just brush the site free with my foot before set up.

As far as fit, here is how I used it with the Duomid. 1) After setting up the Duomid using two poles with extenders, I stretched the thin bungee cords (I attached the cord to mitten hooks on each corner of the innernet) out to the Duomid stakes. That centers the innernet. 2) On the innernet apex mitten hook I used one of my wife's stretchy hair ties and connected the hair tie to the Duomid apex mitten hook. That gives the innernet enough stretch so it won't stress the netting once you are inside moving around. I found it's best not to have the innernet completely taut because there is no give. I'm a big guy and needed the innernet to move a little when I changed clothes or got settled. 3) Using 2 ti-sheppard hooks, I staked out each of the front corners of the innernet, allowing me to use the zipper without the innernet moving as well. 4) If you want more space inside the innernet, you can attach the mid-seam mitten hooks of the innernet to the Duomid mitten hooks. (I did this at first using stretchy hair ties but stopped in order to reduce fiddle-time and because it only added minimal room.)

Anyhow, that's how I set up the Solo XL inner with the Duomid. It worked fine for me and I enjoyed the extra width/length of the XL. I'm selling because I realized that for an extended trip I prefer an all-inclusive shelter, like the Altaplex.

Again, after close inspection, I could not find any holes or flaws. Of course, if you buy and find one, I'll be happy to refund fully. $100
MLD Serenity Solo-- Dark brown Silnylon floor with bathtub struts
Weight inside stuff sack: 12.1oz

So this shelter is both brand new (bought May '15) and flawed. Basically, the day I got it I set it up on a park lawn, crawled inside, and somehow managed to snag the some of the netting in the zipper and put two small holes trying to (impatiently) get it out. They are on the front right side. Currently, I have them covered with small pieces of black duct tape.
Other than that, no flaws because it was never used backpacking.

This shelter is a little different than the stock Serenity shelter. I had it lengthened to 90" and both the back and front are all netting, not silnylon. I planned on using this with my Duo Patrol Shelter tarp, with has a beak and back wall, so I didn't need the additional protection of the silnylon. The all netting front allows for unobstructed views and the netting allows for more air circulation.

Cheers
W

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags