FS: REI Arete ASL 2 and Kelty Salida 2

Kelty Salida 2 -- set up once in my living room -- never seen outside, always kept in a climate controlled closet in the house. This was going to be my dad's tent for our last couple of Scout trips, but I made Eagle faster than he expected, and he now takes my Tarptent when we go together. Great little tent. Basement price.

Bought for $162+ groundsheet, looking for $90 OBO groundsheet included.

This is just a stock photo. 4lbs, 8oz.
REI Arete ASL 2... a tent so good, they started making it again after discontinuing in 2010

The next one breaks my heart, but I need the money. This is a WONDERFUL tent, and UL compared to similar tents in its class. I have taken it out on several overnights, including one particularly tough weekend in the Dolly Sods Wilderness.. I know it's big 'W' wilderness, but Dolly Sods in February is still not your average overnighter. Performed beautifully. Plenty of room for my girlfriend and me, and an absolutely snow palace for just me.

-Wind tested in up to 43mph winds, no flapping if its faced back end windward.
-Snow tested in about 7inches of wet, heavy, snow after about 1 inch of ice in my backyard. I pitched it specifically for this wet sticky snow -- as I wanted to see some how it tool loading instead of 90% that just slides off.
-Condensation tested on a winter evening that started out at 7*F at 10pm, and ended at 48*F by 9am. Condensation on the fly, none on the inner.

Bought for $250 if I remember correctly, retails for $360, looking for $195. Everything but stakes included, perfect shape.

This is what the snow in the first picture looked like on my notch (after clearing some away) for perspective.
More pictures available! Pm or shoot me an e-mail (preferred) wafaison at gmail dot com

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags