FS: Tarptent Stratospire 1

This is a catch and release from this forum. I am slowly narrowing my UL shelter arsenal, but my status quo has changed as I now have a lovely girlfriend who loves to come hiking. This was my go-to for just that, but both of us would like a touch more room for our dedicated 2-person choice. That said, this was our perfectly adequate shelter for 2 different overnights.

This is an AWESOME tent. I fully believe it is the best of the TT's I have owned as far as innovation and bomber protection (own a Notch and owned a Contrail). I really don't want to get rid of it, but I cannot justify the investment with my current shelter line-up.. and financial situation. I have a feeling I will regret selling this, but someone else will surely enjoy it.

Details:

original FS posting http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=91215

Another member bought it from Jennifer, did not use it, and I bought it from him for $235, which is what I will be asking.

I have used it on two overnighters, but I have just completed a full UV/waterproofing spray down with Atsko, and replaced the guylines with bright red dyneema-core double braid (stupid strong and light stuff I use for sailing). I personally think I added value to the tent.

The second picture is a very exposed campsite (I am standing knee deep in water on the point) where we saw 52mph winds recorded on a anemometer, and the tent performed like a champ. No flapping, caving, etc. Both of these pictures are before I replaced all the guylines -- pictures to follow with the new lines installed.

PM questions welcome -- but e-mail wafaison at gmail dot com preferred. Thanks!

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags