FS: ULA Catalyst Cuben Hybrid Sz L

For sale is a ULA Catalyst custom made of hybrid cuben fabric. It's a size large torso and size medium hipbelt. Price is $150 shipped to USA/Canada (paid $380 shipped in spring 2013). Message me if you're interested or for shipping costs if you live elsewhere.

Other than fabric, the pack is a standard ULA Catalyst except there are additional straps on the bottom for holding extra stuff (tent, pad, etc) and there is no hydration port so it's more waterproof. It's a good bigger load pack for loads to ~50 lbs.

The pack has been used for 10-15 nights total. Including this awesome trip:
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=78225

Weight is 40.25oz. Does not include any of ULA's optional features (bladder sleeve, internal zipper pocket). I'm selling because I have other packs that fill a similar niche.

In terms of condition, it's not pretty but it's solid with lots of life left. The main damage is a large tear on one side that I have repaired. I have used the pack on several trips since and I think it's a solid. I bartacked the fabric back together, coated it with seam grip and taped it on the inside with tenacious tape. There was also a small scuff/abrasion in the fabric on the bottom that I put a small bit of tenacious tape over (see pic) although it would probably be fine without. There are a few other small scuffs on the bottom that are quite minor. There is also one small hole in the mesh in the rear pocket (shown) which is too small to really affect functionality. Also the seam sealing is a bit unsightly because it darkens the fabric. There are also some pine needles that are stuck in the mesh in the back panel that could be worked out but I don't notice them so I haven't bothered.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags