FS: Kifaru Paratipi Memorial Day Sale!

This is an older, much lighter version of the Kifaru Paratipi. The current design apparently hasn't changed, but the weight has.
This one is in marigold silnylon. Fully seam-sealed.

Weights:
Tipi + stuff sack: 920 grams or 32.4 ounces.
Alu adjustable pole + stuff sack: 475 grams or 16.75 ounces.
2 telescoping hiking poles, one rear, one front, can be used quite easily in place of the Alu pole to save weight.

The silnylon fabric on the fly is in top-notch shape, very much like new. The beefy front zipper is in excellent shape, too. The Tipi has been used lightly (under 30 nights) and lovingly cared for and stored.

The stove boot, made of fiberglass, has frayed a bit. It should be good for another couple of seasons at least. A replacement patch of fiberglass from Kifaru costs $35.00, or you could source your own. There are two miniscule ruptures in the fly. One is a lateral cut, the other is a burn hole from a stray spark. Either could be fixed with a dab of silnet.

The Paratipi is a great hot tent for one or two people. For one person it is a palace. For two, it is tight, but doable. Without a stove (not included in the sale), three people could sleep in it, I think.

The conical shape of the tipi sheds wind well.

I'm coming to New York for Memorial Day Weekend, so if somebody on "the other side of the pond" wants it and could make a purchase today (May 20), I could bring it with me and send it from there, saving shipping costs.

I can probably dig up the stakes that came with the Tipi. I never used them, just too big and bulky, the kind that you'd only use in a campground with a mallet.

$299, includes US shipping (for Memorial Day WE only) and paypal fees.

Kifaru Paratipi Stove Boot

Kifaru Paratipi and Alu Pole in sacks

Detail

Tags