Ultralight Custom made Bilgy/Quest Tarp Tent

Up for sale is a custom made Bilgy Too (2-person) tarp tent. It’s made of dark gray 1.1 oz. SilNylon from Quest Outfitters (using their improved pattern). Here's a link to their page.

I found an amazing seamstress/tailor out in Nebraska who makes everything from under quilts, to bridge hammocks, to custom tarps and tents. You’ll see his impeccable attention to detail in the pics. He also fully seam-sealed the tent, and did things like added shock cord to the corners to spread them out, reinforced all seams and pullouts, etc.

For the specs of this tent, I always compare to the TarpTent models, and it’s lighter AND roomier than their 2-person models like the Double Rainbow, StratoSpire 2, Double Moment, Scarp 2, etc. The Bilgy Too weighs 40 ounces in it’s stuff sack and uses hiking poles to setup. Interior room is spec’d at 59x92” or 38 square feet – which is massive for a lightweight tent!

For included items, I have Easton poles for the front and back if you don’t use hiking poles (the builder highly suggests using trekking poles for a more taut pitch though). Also had the tailor make a hemmed groundcloth out of Typar (heavier duty version of Tyvek) I will include as well.

Condition: Tent has never been used overnight. The person who built it set it up to test everything and to seam seal it. I set it up in my yard twice: once while splicing the Amsteel Zing-It guy lines onto it, and a second time to test my new trekking poles as replacements for the Easton poles. The tailor did find an extremely small rip in the netting I got from Quest Outfitters on the far foot end and repaired it with Gear Aid Tenacious Tape on both sides. Selling because I've almost entirely moved over to hammocks.

I have well over $350 into this tent, but am pricing it like a used TarpTent since that’s what it’s competing against. Asking $250 OBO shipped CONUS via PayPal (I’ll eat the fees).

Here’s the pics from the builder as he was testing it (and a video). He’s trying out some crazy guyline/support setup for it…when I set it up I had 4 guy lines on the 4 corners, and 1 on each pole and it was nice and solid.

Click for video:

Front view, before he hemmed the groundsheet.

Very nice and compact for a 2-person tent

Look at all the inside space! (and you can’t even see all the way over to the left side!)

This is the attention to detail I was talking about!