$850 Full rack: 21 cams, 12 draws

Psyched for upcoming summer climbing season but don't have a rack? Here's your chance to set yourself up in effectively one purchase. I'm not looking to part this out*, would like to sell it as a whole unit to someone wanting to get into traditional climbing.

History on the rack: I purchased every piece of gear brand new, and it has been in my possession for its lifespan. The oldest piece of gear on this rack was purchased in 2010 and the newest in 2014. That puts the age on the slings at 5 years old tops, meaning another 2 years or so before re-slinging some of the cams would be prudent. It has accompanied me on climbing trips in the Red River Gorge, New River Gorge, Red Rock, the Cascades, the Bugaboos, Moab, Squamish, Alaska, and the Sierra. Turns out, it works equally well in all of those places. I haven't tried it in the Southern Hemisphere yet, but I'm pretty sure you just have to place the cams in the opposite direction (just double check toilet flush orientation and you'll see what I mean).

I am a climbing guide who has taken care of the gear. I used this rack exclusively, having an institutional rack that I used when guests were leading. It received bi-annual lubrication with white lightening/cam lube, and only a few of the pieces have received falls. These cams have been part of countless hanging belays and moments of french free, so the love on them is apparent. I can break down each cam's usage for you if you would like, but I'll do that in a PM if you have more questions. Right off the bat, one of the #3's needs a new trigger wire, and I've already ordered it and will replace it before sending it to you. Other than that, everything on these cams is stock, with lots of life left in them.

Contents:

Metolius

1 x 00 Master Cam
1 x 0 Master Cam
2 x 1 Master Cam
2 x 2 Master Cam
1 x 3 Master Cam
1 x 4 Master Cam

CAMP

8 x color coded nano 23 carabiners

Black Diamond

1 x .4 C4
1 x .4 C4
2 x .5 C4
1 x .75 C4
1 x .75 X4
3 x #1 C4
2 x #2 C4
2 x #3 C4

12 x complete alpine draws (12 x 60cm dynex runners, 24 x old style oz carabiners)
13 x color coded neutrino carabiners

That's a total of 21 cams, color matched carabiners, and 12 alpine draws.

Retail value for all this, to a cent, is $1842.80. If you would like the individual math that I used to calculate this, I'm happy to provide that.

Asking price is $849.99 or best offer, plus shipping, PayPal only (unless you are coming through Red Rock or the Cascades anytime soon, and then we can do a cash transaction). This is effectively 54% off the retail price.

Throwing in the gear sling and nylon runner for fun. And let's be honest about the price, it's $850. Don't be fooled by the $.99 trick. I've got a bunch of other gear lying around the house as well so if you need a few other things to complete your rack to be, just let me know and I might be able to sweeten the deal!

Looking forward to people either telling me this is a great deal, or if I'm a jerk trying to take advantage of a new leader. Either way, I don't need this gone anytime soon so hoping to find someone who is psyched to get their trad climbing career off to a good and discounted start.

Photos

21 cams, 12 alpine draws, matching carabiners

12 alpine draws, 60cm dynex runners and 24 oz carabiners

The rack

The Rack (2)

C4 lobes up close.

Mostly Metolius up close.

If you have more questions about the rack itself, and not a pricing question, feel free to ask them publicly for everyone's benefit.

• Even though I've stated that I want to sell this as a whole and not part it out, I'm sure someone/many of you will offer to buy specific parts of this rack. As a heads up, I'll probably ignore you until my rack as a whole hasn't sold for like a month, but I guess go ahead and post your request anyway.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags