FS: RAB Alpine 45 backpack (mountaineering/climbing/backpacking)

RAB Alpine 45 backpack, Size: "B" 49.5cm/19.5 inch torso. Capacity: 47L (size B). Condition: new, unused.

$130 shipped CONUS plus Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. Paypal only. If interested, please email me: awallace1980 at gmail dot com.

Like all the cool gear, I wasn't able to check it out in person without ordering online. Furthermore, I was only able to find it from an out of country online retailer. () Thus, returns are a bit trickier and costly. Upon receipt, I loaded it with gear, strapped it on, and walked around the house for a bit. Other than that, it's never been used. I actually really like it, fit and feel, but it overlaps with packs I already own and I hate to see good gear go unused. Of course, I'd also like to recoup some of my losses.

I'll try to update the post soon with actual pics, but for now here are stock photos:

Fabric:
Main
210D High Tenacity Hitra Nylon
Base
1000D Robic High Tenacity Ballistic Nylon
DualGuard coating

Lightweight but durable top loading pack
Extendable and quick release lid
Roll top entry for weather resistance and secure closure when lid is removed
Quick release ice axe carrying system
Thermoformed back panel with closed cell foam, sheds snow and does not absorb moisture
Lightweight and removable HD foam and wire framesheet
Removable hipbelt with gear racking loops
External stretch mesh wand pockets
YKK AquaGuard zipped pocket on lid with securtiy key clip
Internal clip for a valuables drysac (drysac sold seperately)
Internal pocket and hose outlet for hydration system
Oversized side compression straps to stabilise load and carry accessories
Optional bungee attachment points
Seams triple stitched and bound
Internally bartacked stress points
Duraflex branded components
Weight: 1300g/46 ounces (stripped down: 800g/28 ounces)

Retailer's blurb:

The Rab Alpine 45 is the perfect mid sized Alpine pack for day or overnight missions. It strikes a good balance between being lightweight and using durable materials to take some abuse from climbing. Using a simple design means that the pack isn't overcomplicated with unnecessary features and also keeps the weight down.

It is a lightweight but durable top loading pack with easily extendable and quick release lid for versatility. The roll top entry provides enhanced security and weather protection particularly if the lid is removed or not being used. The quick release ice axe carrying system gives you quick and simple access to your tools when you need them. There are oversized compression straps on the side to stabilise the load and carry accessories as well as optional bungee attachment points and external stretch mesh pockets at the bottom of the sides.

The harness of the pack has a Thermoformed back panel with closed cell foam which sheds snow and does not absorb moisture while the lightweight HD foam and wire framesheet is removable. The hip belt is also removable and it also has gear racking loops should you need the space.

There is a YKK AquaGuard zipped pocket on the lid with a secure key clip to ensure you find your keys quickly and easily, as well as an internal clip which you can attach a valubles drysac (sold seperately) on if you wish. There is an internal pocket and hose outlet for a hydration system to ensure quick, easy and more efficient hydration.

Review:
http://tog-blog.co.uk/2014/05/20/rab-launch-new-backpack-range/

Detail

Tags