FS: Custom made lightweight pack

I made this pack to in an effort to incorporate a lot of the features I have admired on various cottage industry packs. It is made of quality lightweight materials and is sturdily if not always elegantly sewn. I have used it on several trips and would continue to use it but it has a bit more volume than I need. I am now using a smaller version of essentially the same pack. Photos of the pack are below the text. The pack should fit a person with a torso length of around 18"-20".

The pack body is made of 1.9 oz./yd. coated rip-stop nylon, 200 denier coated nylon Oxford cloth and heavy-duty non-stretch nylon mesh. Hip-belt pockets are sewn from a stretch mesh and the eyeglasses pocket on the left –hand shoulder strap is made of Spandex.

The pack weighs 15-¼ oz.; has a volume of roughly 2600 cu. in. in the main body and will accommodate a BV-500 or Bearikade Weekender horizontally in the lower part of the pack either above or below a down sleeping bag. It has a zippered sleeping pad pocket designed to hold a folded Thermarest, Prolite 3 short inflatable pad inflated to about 1-1/2 “ thick.

With an inflatable pad in place the pack has enough rigidity to carry about 25 pounds comfortably and perhaps more but I have not tried it with more than 25 lb.

The main pack body measures about 12-1/2” wide by 21” high by 8” at the bottom of the pack and 7” at the base of the extension collar. The extension collar is about 12” wide, 14” high and 7” deep. The center mesh pocket is 12” by 16” and is about 3” deep: the mesh side pockets are about 7” x 13” x 3”.

Shoulder straps and hip belts are made with sewn-in 3/8” closed cell padding with 200 denier coated Oxford fabric covers. The extension collar has a Velcro-closed roll-top dry bag closure with a single over-strap to help control loads. There are eight lashing loops sewn into the main pack body and two compression straps above the side pockets.

The pack is in like new condition and I would like it to have a good home. I spent about $50 for the materials and spent about 30 hours sewing it. I am asking $60 for the pack. You pay for shipping. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Front of pack

Back of pack

Hip belt pocket

Roll top closure

Side view

Pack with collar extended

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags