PIF College Budget Edition: ULA Conduit

Its been 12 years since i finished college, so for $12 to cover shipping this pack can be yours. The first person to post an I'll take it AND to send me a photo of them holding their current (valid) student ID gets the pack. A photo without a post here first wont count. Send photos to obliquevision at gmail.

It's a ULA Conduit M/S frameless that's beat to hell but could easily survive another thru hike. I used it last year on my AT sobo from ME-VA before switching to a bigger pack for the Highlands to Springer. A mouse chewed through one of the side pockets instead of going in from the top in an attempt to chew through a jar of PB. I kept a smart water bottle there and never had any problems, although I constantly told myself I would patch it. Never did.

My partner sewed a reinforcement into one of the shoulder straps with floss after it began to separate from where it attaches to the top of the pack. Hasn't given any problems in 1000 miles. Rock solid repair job. She also sewed a small rip in one of the hipbelt pockets with floss.

I fixed a rip along the elastic opening of the rear mesh pocket and sewed the fabric back onto itself to pull the slack out of the elastic. I also added a female buckle above the pocket so the top strap can latch there as well, leaving the rear pocket fully accessible when the top strap is latched (like the ULA CDT).

I refashioned the main opening with a dry bag type closure and cut off the now defunct side straps.

I died it black. Awesome.

Medium torso, and hipbelt fits my 32" waist with plenty of adjustment in either direction.

Still a super strong pack. I just carried it on a quick circuit around Mt St Helens and it's all good.

Sentimental item, but glad to help someone out. Remember, email only. This is a frameless pack and the smallest in ULAs lineup, so you should be aware of the bags limits and have, or plan to have, a light base weight, maybe 10-12 lbs.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags