MYOG net tent 2 person $45

I made this last year and got a few overnights in with it. Tyvek bottom comes up about 4 inches all the way around and the dimensions are about 5 ft x 7.5ft. Bottom is made from one piece of tyvek no seams. Top is made from sea to summit duo pyramid net. I bonded the net to the tyvek with very strong double sided tape and reenforced the corners where the stress was by hand sewing (see pics). There are 4 lightweight pieces of bamboo that you can use to stake out the corners to give it a bathtub effect as well as tyvek loops to stake out. You have to enter by crawling under the front of the tent and then pinning it shut- (pins included). I was going to sew a zipper in but haven't had the time- I will include a 6 ft piece of lightweight zipper that you can sew in to complete the project or just use as is, it's kind of a pain crawling in but its really not too bad. On the nights I used it I stayed dry and bug free. I used a 9 x 9 tarp with it and it provided good coverage, it rained one night and we stayed dry. There is room for 2 and a bit of gear. If you wanted to you could separate the net from the tyvek without too much difficulty and use each separate or for another project. I will include the original stuff sack and top pole from the net. Weighs 20 oz on my scale. Shipping to CONUS only. $45 shipped.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags