For Sale: Sierra Designs Studio 2, MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2 Tents

Hi all! I'm selling two different 2p tents to try and consolidate the amount of gear I own.

First up is a Sierra Designs Studio 2 Tent w/ footprint. $200 shipped.

https://imgur.com/a/ohDGLQX 

https://imgbox.com/g/m62tT2bz1G

Tent weighs 49.1oz including all 12 included stakes (please don't bring all 12 stakes with you), poles, and stuffsacks. Footprint and stuffsack add an additional 7.2oz.

This has been an absolutely great lightweight tent, and I've used it for 2p along the JMT, and as a 1p along the O circuit in Patagonia. Purchased new in 2020, this tent in still in fantastic condition, and comes with everything as new, plus the additional footprint.

The only flaw is a small tear, about the size of my thumbnail, on the inner mesh - see white spot in the last photo. I stuck a piece of tape as a quick repair with the intent to more professionally repair it later, but the quick tape repair has held up for over a year now. Everything else on the inner tent, as well as the rainfly, poles, and footprint, is still in great shape.

Next up is a Hubba Hubba NX 2 w/ additional pole set. $300 shipped.

https://imgur.com/a/2OzwiYU

Tent weighs 58.1 oz including all 8 included needle stakes, poles, and stuffsacks.

This tent was purchased from REI Used at the end of 2021 and is IMO better than the new version. Notably, this NX version is slightly roomier, has a 30D floor (instead of the current 20D), has more mesh for better ventilation and visibility, and has line tensioners at the tent corners. This version of the tent originally came with the new composite Easton Cyclone poles, but many people (myself included) prefer the reliability of the older poles. I've since picked up a pair of the aluminum DAC Featherlite poles, and am including both sets of poles with this tent. The two pole sets have identical dimensions and the tent can be set up with either pole set - see photos. Use whichever ones you prefer, and keep the other as a backup should you ever have a pole snap. MSR charges 1/4 the cost of a new tent to replace just the poles, so in this case about $140.

The only flaw with the tent was that the rainfly had a small hole (which is why it was returned to REI), which I immediately repaired with an inner and outer SilNylon adhesive strip. It has had no issues in the two years since and has remained fully waterproof even in some torrential downpours. While the weight is a bit heavier than some other comparable tents, I'd personally call this closer to a 3.5 season tent - it's been bomber in some crazy wind and rainstorms, and even handles winter camping with some light snow loading with no issues.

The rest of the fly, as well as the inner tent/mesh, poles, and stakes, look almost brand new.

I believe I've priced both tents reasonably, but if you feel I'm off base, please let me know. I'm always open to reasonable offers! If you have any questions or would like any additional photos, feel free to let me know that as well. Thanks for looking!

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags