Sold

*****sold to Katie******

Hey, this was bought new by me, used once and then stored in a gear closet. If you can find these for sale new they were selling for $140 plus tax when last available. I don't think these are currently being produced by maxim, however. I never did it but folks toprope with this rope as it handles like a thicker cord than it is due to its stiffness, handy for climbing in teams of 3.

$120 pick up in Berkeley or buyer pays shipping. Firm.

Pics from the internet:

http://www.alpinist.com/doc/web19s/ms-maxim-personal-escape-rope

"By popular demand, MAXIM has engineered a 7mm Personal Escape Rope made of 100 % nylon. Its stiff construction resists kinking and hanging up which makes it perfectly suited as a haul line, tag line or small rappel line for emergency rappels. None of these uses would be possible if it were not for its super lightweight and small size. The Personal Escape rope condenses down into your pack and is so light that you won’t even know it’s there, until you’re psyched that it is! 

Our amazing MAXIM teammates swear by this personal escape rope for hauling bags on big walls and as a tag line for lengthening your raps on long multi-pitch routes.  This rope has been part of many of the legendary sends you have read about. Whether you need it for lengthening your raps or as a personal escape rappel line when you need to bail, you need this cord!

Features

• Super Light weight rope
  • Resists kinking and hanging up
  • High breaking strength
  • Compact and easily packable
  • Perfect as an emergency “bail out” rappel line

Made in the USA!  These cords are proudly made by expert crafts men and women in our US facility located in Fall River, Massachusetts."

Detail

Tags