FS North Face Expedition 36, 3 person expedition tent

Purchased in 2006 and used for one Nepal climbing expedition as an advanced base camp tent. it is a spacious 3 person tent. Front vestibule is huge and can sleep (and has) a person or store a lot of stuff. Rear vestibule is smaller but also room for storage.

I recently set the tent up for photos and everything is in good shape. On the trip we did burn a 3" slice in the side wall with  a still hot stove (tent has two vents for cooking in the tent). This was patched and waterproofed then and the patch looks still good (black mark in photos). Also the vestibule portion of the rain fly is designed with extra 4 -5" flaps for burying in the snow for complete windproofing. We had no snow at 20,000ft so we buried in rocks. The wind wore small holes in this extra flap material (see photos). This does not matter to the function as it is material meant to be buried. 

I think this tent is great but it is not light. I would look at this as a base camp tent but not really a backpacking tent unless space is the premium over weight. Was excellent in blistering wind, cold and eventually snow. Poles are beefy.

New $700. Asking $300

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags