FS: Full Backcountry/Resort Crossover Set-up $500 (184 skis/28.5 boots)

I am moving to a different setup and I have an excellent startup for anyone looking to get into backcountry skiing, but not wanting to compromise on performance by going ultralight.  This setup also skis pretty well inbound.  Package includes Volkl Mantra Skis (184), Nortica Strider 120 boots (28.5), Marker Kingpin 10 Binding and Black Diamond Ascensionist Skins.  I skied this setup for 3 seasons. Lots more pictures available on request.

Skis: 2016 Volkl Mantra (184)

100mm waist, and full rocker profile; The Mantra is a well known all mountain ski, that preforms well in firm snow and powder.  The bases have some minor scratches, but are in good contrition.

Boots: Nortica Strider 120 (28.5)

The Nordica Strider 120 DYN Alpine Touring Ski Boots were conjured up by Nordica's ski boot wizards to cater to the needs of the hardest charging backcountry skiers. Including genuine Dynafit® tech inserts, Michelin® Rubber Soles, and a Grilamid® shell construction, these boots are a brilliant mashup of high performance freeride power and excellent tourability.  In addition, a new hike mechanism with a 46° range of motion fuses great uphill capability with a rock solid downhill platform. The Nordic Strider 120 DYN Alpine Touring Ski Boots are prepared to change your opinion of performance crossover boots. The boots come with a new set of rubber soles.

Bindings: Marker Kingpin 10

The Marker Kingpin 10 Alpine Touring Ski Bindings finally address the problem of limited elasticity that has plagued tech bindings for years by substituting a pivoting cam-action, spring actuated heel for the traditional dual pin setup, and the results are spectacular! Toe retention is also beefed up with the addition of a third row of springs (traditional tech binding toes use 2). Fully ISO 13992 compliant (Marker has the certificate to prove it), the Kingpin is the binding freeride touring skiers have been asking for - light enough for long days and big vertical, yet with the reliable performance of a solid alpine binding. The toepieces on these bindings are the post recall updated versions (new last season).  DIN settings on these bindings are 5-10.

Skins: Black Diamond Ascensionist

Black Diamond Ascension Ski Skins offer standard-setting traction on the uphill with efficient glide thanks to our plush material.  These skins have seem some use, and the glue is patchy in some places.  However, I have never had issues with the glue failing on tours.  This pair of skins likely has a a few more seasons of use in them before needing regluing.

Delivery

I am located in Southern California, and do most of my skiing in the East Sierra.  I would be happy to meetup and deliver everything within a reasonable drive of these areas.  I can arrange shipping, but the buyer would need to pay the shipping costs.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags