FS: DIY Packraft V3 Kit

I recently decided that I have too many DIY projects. I hate to give up on this one, but I think I am going to cave and just buy a packraft. My wife and I have some trips planned, and I think the chances of my getting this done before we want to leave are…. slim.

So without further ado: Up for sale is a DIY packraft V3 kit. The V3 is the predecessor to what he now calls the Skeena, although I don’t know if there is a difference (feel free to enlighten me if there is). Boat is yellow, which is apparently the best color for construction as the semi-transparent fabric means you can see how well you are sealing.

The only work I have done is to cut out all the panels: I have do no seam sealing. Includes: a boatload of scrap fabric to practice seam sealing with, inflation bag fabric, TiZip, valve hard-wear, an iron set up for seam sealing (Clover Mini Iron), and of course the boat panels. I don’t actually remember if I ordered a seat or not… though I can look through and find out. My memory says I intended to use my sleeping mat as a seat, and so didn’t’ order one.

Let me know if you have any questions. Again, I am only selling this because of time constraints: I think it’s an awesome product and project, and I commend Matt for creating it! (And everyone that actually finishes one!)

Price for a current version with ti-zip is 295$ plus shipping. How about I ask for 275$ plus shipping. Given that they are currently out of stock, I am including a seam-sealing iron, and have already put ~4 hours of work into separating the panels, this seams fair to me, but you can let me know if you think I’m wrong. Also, shipping from NM will probably be cheaper than shipping from AK.

This photo is just everything in a pile: scrap fabric on the left, boat panels folded in the middle, inflation bag is red, zipper, hardware, and sealing iron on the right. If you’re interested and want more pictures, I can send them along.

Thanks!

Detail

Tags