FS: Ultralight Polartec Alpha Jacket, like new, $60

ADIDAS TERREX AGRAVIC HOODED ALPHA SHIELD HOODIE (MEN’S S) – 6 oz.

Retails for around $160, on sale at discount sites for $111. Designed for running, backpacking, or other aerobic activities, this lightly insulated jacket uses a thin layer of Polartec Alpha to achieve more warmth than a traditional windshirt but with great breathability and very little added weight.

ClimbingGearReviews.com called it “a cracking jacket. It’s as easy to pack as a simple wind shirt, you can stuff it into the smallest of spaces, but provides a useful boost in warmth.” PeakMountaineer.com said “this insulation works brilliantly.  The Alpha adds noticeable warmth and yet stays comfortable even when working hard. . . I think the Agravic is an exceptional jacket. ” RoadTrailRun.com said “Adidas has pulled out all the stops using the highest performance, lightest materials available to create the Alpha Hoodie.” OutdoorGearLab commented, “Because of the Shield’s unique combination of lightweight material, wind blocking benefits, and a bit of added insulation, it was one of our testers’ favorite models to take out for a run on a brisk morning.”

The garment is in nearly new condition. I’ve worn it only a few times, for day hikes. I just realized that I have too many windshirts and don’t engage in the high-output activities for which this is ideal.

Polartec Alpha jacket

Detail

Tags