Wanted: Lower section of Komperdell C3 Duolock or REI Peak UL trekking pole

Komperdell C3 Duolock have been my go-to poles for 15 years.  I just broke the lower section on one pole.  Komperdell even offered to send me a free replacement (great company), but they have been discontinued for so many years that they don’t even have any used pieces around.

These are the old “twist lock” version that so many people hate, but I have never had any problem with them loosening up.  In fact, out of all my poles,  these are the only ones that do not vibrate/buzz with every pole plant.  I just returned Komperdell Carbon FXP.4 Trail U/L Vario COMPACT, Drop Fizan Compact and Cascade Mountain Tech 2 Section Ultralight poles because I could not get them to stop buzzing.  I did just buy some one piece Black Diamond Distance Carbon poles that *can’t* buzz and I really love them. (3.35 oz each!)

But, I still want a pair of no-buzz collapsible/adjustable poles to use with my and when I travel.

If anyone has a rogue Komperdell C3 Duolock or REI Peak UL pole laying around, gathering dust, I’d take the lower section off your hands in an instant.  Whatchagot?

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags