WTS – Neotrekk Stackable Backpacks

I bought these locally here in Salt Lake City.  The guy had bought them when Neotrekk was just getting going good.  He used them with his family and had wonderful things to say about them.  I bought them with the intention of helping my 15-year-old son get into backpacking.  Unfortunately:  NOT his thing!  So…I have these 3 frames and 4 barrel bags.

The frames are aluminum and telescope vertically!  You can adjust them up and down – even while you’re walking if you so choose.  The load is completely (as in 100%)  carried on your hips.  Thus the ability to select the angle of incidence for the shoulder straps.  The packs are light…probably under 2 lbs per frame.  The barrel bags are waterproof…no pack covers required!  There is tons of flexibility with this type of arrangement.  The previous owner added a piece of aluminum to the load ledge and strapped his daughter in it (like a little chair) back when she was little!  So…really the sky’s the limit.

Neotrekk still sells barrel bags.  I believe they are about $45 per bag.  They also still sell the frames and various and sundry parts to modify and service their gear.  You can call and talk to the owner if you have any question.  I did!  For reference, a new setup – one frame and 3 bags – are $345 on their site.

http://neotrekk.com

I’m selling all of this for $100.  The kicker will be shipping.  I’d imagine it’ll be semi-significant.  I’ll be looking at needing to ship about a 1 x 2 x 3 foot box.  It’ll be LIGHT, but moderately bulky.  I’d guess at least in the $25-30 range…  But that’s a pure guess.All

I’ll answer any questions I can!

Detail

Tags