Free gear to good home: vintage 2009, in Boston for pickup only

Hi there team,

In 2009 I built myself a very nice lightweight backpacking kit. I hike the Long Trail at about 10 lb and love to all my gear. Over the following years, some of the gear got used here and there, little bits and pieces were added, and then some of it got largely ignored. And then, about two years ago I got a very serious injury and haven’t been able to use any of it since. I now face a situation where I just need to make space and get rid of stuff I can’t use anymore. Sadly, all my beloved backpacking gear falls into that category. At this point, I don’t know what I’ve got and what’s been picked over, but I’m damn sure that a lot of it still in my possession. Things like a ULA Ohm and a Tarptent Contrail served me very well, and my hope is that they can serve someone else. And of course I have a lot of the small stuff like titanium spoons and whatnot.

I’d love to get this gear in the hands of someone that really needs it and we’ll use it. Unfortunately, I’m not able to actually sort through the gear myself, but I’d like to invite somebody to look through and see if they can make it for themselves. Ideally, an aspiring long-distance backpacker who’s building up a new kit from scratch, and is open to having a decade-old set of gear serve as a good foundation. Certainly everything is made better now than it was then, but this is still good stuff. Must absolutely be somebody in the Boston area that can come in person (I 100% cannot ship anything), and understands that they must mask up and stay socially safe. I’m one of those sad cases of folks that are now in the high-risk category, so I have to be extra careful. Happy to discuss how to make that happen.

Thanks all,

Emmett

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags