FS: Svea 123

Svea 123 backpacking stove.

Its likely many of you are familiar with this stove but none-the-less here’s some info:

-Brass, liquid fuel stove made in Sweden. Uses very clean filtered white gas, Coleman Fuel or equivalent only.

– Self pressurizing. Pour a little fuel into the priming cup, light and when the pressurizing tube gets hot enough to change the liquid to a vapor, open the valve with the key and light at the burner head.

– Adjustable from a simmer to blow torch level.

– Boils a quart of water in about 7 minutes.

– If the stove becomes overheated, a valve in the filler cap opens and excess fuel vapors are expelled. The potential for the vapors to ignite is great so as a precaution (in the unlikely event this should happen with proper use) do not use inside the tent or vehicle. One cause for this to occur is to use an accessory windscreen close up to the stove and wrapped all the way around with a big overhanging pot on top. Lots of literature available on the operation and idiosyncrasies of the Svea.

– I lost the original aluminum cup/cap but a stainless steel bowl works good and I used a piece of towel to take up the little extra space on mine. Works as a pot holder as well. Cups are available if you want it all original. The cup/cap is also to be used as a small cooking pot. Best just for boiling water or heating soup.

– Includes the original cleaning needle. The 123R has a built in cleaning needle but this one is the classic first design.

– No instruction sheet but descriptions of operation are on-line.

Very good condition without dents. Fires right up. Asking $65.00 plus shipping cost. Paypal, Venmo or other means of payment.

Note: Prior to shipping, stove will be burned until all the fuel is consumed. The cap will then be removed and the stove will sit for a couple of days. Ground shipping will be used.

Detail

Tags