Vintage Early Winters Goretex Bivy Sack

Price includes shipping cost or Estes Park pickup for $105.00. Payment through Paypal or Venmo.

Early Winters vintage bivy sack. Made in Seattle. Early Winters used an early Goretex fabric for the canopy that had a fuzzy interior laminate much like Bibler Todd Tex. I washed it, resealed the seams (Required 1&3/4 tubes of Seam Grip) and added Velcro to the hood. Blue panels were added after purchase and may be thought of as retro cosmetic.

– Waterproof, coated ripstop nylon fabric on the ground side.

– No zipper but its a fairly roomy slide in.

– 1 lb 4 oz, size large. A generously sized bivy sack.

– Although all the seams are resealed, I can’t vouch for its absolute ability to be waterproof in heavy prolonged rain. I was once stuck in a desert canyon overnight and it repelled intermittent sprinkling through the night.

Good clean condition. No holes or tears. Asking $115.00.

*Note: Not certain but ‘Early Winters may have been the first company to use Gore-Tex (brand name!) in outdoor products. ByroTex, Todd Tex, Integral Tex and Gore Tex are all the same material; expanded polytetrafluorethylene. Gore Tex no longer licenses its material for use in tents, thus the non proprietary versions in the various single wall tent manufacturers’. (Courtesy of Excitable Boy)

Detail

Tags