FS – 20 oz full coverage MYOG tarptent – $125

Full coverage MYOG Tarptent, 20oz (!)

Photos (not a great pitch, sorry): https://imgur.com/a/yrRjaLJ

Based more or less on the Quest Outfitters pattern

Weighs only 20.5 oz including stuff sack and guy lines (no stakes). I bought new from the maker a couple of years ago but have never taken it out. I’m 6’1 and though I can fit it’s just a bit too tight for me to be comfortable. Would be a great option for someone slightly smaller and/or who prioritizes balance of lightest possible weight with full coverage protection.

Nicely sewn, good attention to detail, quality reinforcements, ultralight guy lines, bathtub floor, interior pockets, door tie back, etc. Front entry has both a zip mesh door (for bugs) and a zip silnylon door in case of really wild weather. Classic Tarptent style hybrid single wall has large expanses of mesh at head, side, and foot with wide overhangs and ability to seal off both head and foot with silnylon (head via zipper, foot via velcro tabs).

See dimensions. Nominally a 30”x80″ footprint with 36” height at door. Not seam sealed, never used except a test set-up in yard. Includes stuff sack and guy lines but no stakes. Construction is primarily silnylon with mesh – I assume the 1.1 from Quest; feels a bit lighter than the standard Tarptent material. Colors won’t exactly blend in and are close to classic Sierra Designs if that’s your thing.

$125 shipped CONUS? Best balance of weight/coverage/cost/durability around!

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags