The Work Of Nature, How The Diversity of Life Sustains Us and The Crystal Desert

Excellent natural history, environmental titles. Asking $11.00 each inclusive of shipping cost or will sell both for $17.00.

The Work Of Nature, How The Diversity of Life Sustains Us – Yvonne Baskin – Island Press, 1997 – Excellent condition hard cover.

The Crystal Desert, Summers in Antarctica – David Campbell – Houghton Mifflin Company, 1992 – Hardcover in excellent used condition.

Buy one, choose a complimentary title from below:

– A 1958 Title – Amy Vanderbilts Complete Book Of Etiquette – Double Day & Company, N.Y., Copyright 1958 – A vintage title in very good condition. Binding is solid, pages are not dog eared or torn. Ha! Seriously!  I have it if you want it!

– Peterson Field Guide To Western Birds – Roger Tory Peterson – Houghton Mifflin Company, 3rd Edition,1990 – Hard cover in  very good condition.

– South Western Desert Life Pocket Guide – An Introduction to Familiar Plants and Animals – James Kavanagh – Waterford Press, 2001 – Very lightly used, glossy foldout with 10 faces. all in color.

– Gem Trails Of New Mexico – James Mitchell – Gems Guides Book CO, 1996 – In very good perused condition with a solid binding and no torn pages.

– Tie a Fly, Catch a Trout – SR SlaymakerI ll – Harper & Row, Publishers, 1976 – Hard cover in very good lightly perused condition. Jacket shows slight shelf and handling effects. Book proper is without flaws. Unfaded cover, solid binding, no torn pages.

– Touch the Top Of The World – Erick Weihenmayer – Penguin Group, 2002 – Fair, much read, solid binding and no torn pages.

– Mountain Biking Utah – Greg Bromka – A Falcon Guide, 1998 – Generally good condition. The bottom right page corners of about the last 1/2 of the book had gotten wet and are a little warped. Impairs only the appearance.

– Blind Descent, The Quest to Discover The Worlds Deepest Places. Near new condition without jacket. Hardback. Cave exploration.

– Soft Paths – Bruce Hampton and David Cole – Nols, Stackpole Books, 1988 – Very good condition.

– Canine Colorado, Where To Go With Your Dog And What To Do –  Cindy Hirschfeld Fulcrum Publishing, Golden CO. – Got wet at some point but entirely readable with a solid binding. Fair.

– Gunflint, Reflections On The Trail – By Justine Kerfoot – 1991, Pfeifer-Hamilton Publishers, Duluth, MN – Hardback in very nice condition.

– If We Had A Boat – Green River Explorers. Adventurers and Runners – Roy Webb – University of Utah Press, 1996 – Overall good condition except there is minor water staining and warping on bottom right corner of last 40 pages.

– Of Wolves And Men – Barry Lopez – Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1978 – Good read condition. Corner’s of cover and first 7 pages are a little curled.

– Bear Attacks, Their Causes And Avoidance – Stephen Herrero – Lyons Press, 2002 – Good, read condition, solid binding.

Some of the “for sale” items I post on BackpackingLight are from my use. I also acquire outdoor gear, clothing and books from various sources for resale to help with my retirement income. I endeavor to locate and bring to the market “the best of used” at reasonable prices. Sometimes I list as a service to others, usually for those without computer skills. When possible, I make repairs to keep equipment in use and out of the landfills. Items for sale may not always be the the lightest in weight but they are otherwise all within realms of interest of hikers, backpackers, climbers and travelers.

Detail

Tags