Plus shipping or Estes Park, CO pickup. Payment through PPFF or Venmo.
Gregory Cassin Internal Frame Pack - Top loading, multi day expedition pack.
The Cassin was in production from 1987 through 1991 and was the predecessor to the Denali Pro. Up for sale is the final production model with 2 side entry zippers on the main compartment supplementing content access.
The pack is in excellent, lightly used condition. There are no cuts, holes, loose stitching or prominent worn areas with one exception: The polyurethane coating was peeling so all was cleanly removed and I'm including a new Gregory pack rain cover.
- 6, 550 cubic inches, 110 liters capacity for the size large.
- Pack and hipbelt are a size large. Fits torso length approximately 18 - 21 inches. Padded section of hip belt measurement is 34 inches. Add about 11 inches for the adjustable webbing sections.
- 8 ounce pack cloth, #10 YKK heavy duty zippers. A robust, rugged pack. Very durably constructed albeit heavy by today's standards. Weighs in at 6 lbs, 10 oz. Ray Jardine's concepts in lightening pack weight were introduced around 1983 but the 2 design concepts continued to exist side by side for years with present day adherents of each. Large load haulers are needed for extended treks without resupply, trail crews and for restocking back country huts.
- Suspension is 2 internal contoured aluminum stays and padded back panel. Dense foam padded ergonomic hipbelt.
– Huge top lid pocket ((887 cubic inches), a main body and zippered lower sleeping bag compartment. Lid converts to a fanny pack or can be left behind for reduced weight. Side entry zippers on the main compartment. The top lid panel has lashing points for attaching crampons.
– Extension/sealing skirt.
- Included are 2 large, about 700 cubic inch each detachable accessory water/fuel bottle pockets and 2 removable front pockets that piggyback. 1 of nylon pack cloth the other mainly of mesh.These add more cubic inches to pack volume. Use with or without as needed.
– Ice axe loops.
- Side compression straps
- Blue with a slightly purplish tint.
Now asking $65.00 plus shipping cost. Was $110.00. The packs condition, with the exception of the coating separation, is on par with the best of vintage packs I have seen. Many years of use ahead for this pack.