Calton Chopper, Fly Fishing setup

I've had a bit of a hectic week, with hospital, and car drama, and most recently, major emergency surgery on one of my parents. I've spread myself so thin already, and I've still got more running around /flying to do, I need to offload some of my gear for money. First up is a Joe Calton Leaf Spring Chopper: This was destined to be sent to Grizzly Outdoors for a Kydex sheath, however I was unable to send it out before the shtf.. so it's on the chopping block. This is a GREAT blade, with a 14" cutting edge, 19.5" Overall Length. Handle is Leather slabs wrapped in jute, and then soaked in epoxy. Leaving a very hard core, no slip grip that feels great in your hand. This thing swings like a machete, with the cutting power of a camp axe. I used it to process wood 3 nights in a row in Vermont 2 weeks ago, and the edge will still take hair off my arm. $200 Shipped CONUS. ============== Next is a complete flyfishing setup The Rod is a Redington Classic Trout 5wt, that I picked up off a HF member in the spring, and never used. The Reel is an Orvis Battenkill III Large Arbor, that I picked up in the same trade, and never used. The reel was looked at at the Orvis Store in Avon Ct this spring, and I was told it's in great condition. The only comment they made is that it's a little overloaded with line. The line on the reel is WF5F, of a very good quality, not sure of the brand. As far as the flies.. There's a lot. I'm estimating around 350-400 flies, nearly all of them are hand tied from members of HF, Washington fly fishing, or tied by a few locals here in upstate NY. Most were traded for, the ones I picked up locally were bought @ $2-3 through various fund raisers and fairs from the people tying them. Also included is a brand new in package LLBean 5wt fly line, some leaders, floatant and the boxes shown. I've had some difficulty pricing this system for sale.. I know the Rod is worth about $100, and the reel about $150 (according to current ebay prices) The flies, are harder for me to price. So for the moment, I'm going to use the basic formula of $1.00 each, for handtied (in the US) flies. x 300 flies, and as I said, 300 is a lowball estimate of the flies. $550 Shipped CONUS =========== IMGP0388.jpgIMGP0382.jpgIMGP0378.jpgIMGP0379.jpgIMGP0385.jpg Because of the circumstances, my normal "I'll entertain any trade" tagline doesn't apply to this. There will be more to follow.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags