FS: VW Campervan

This has been a dream to own. A great memory maker with my family. We are selling it reluctantly because we need the money. (I've been selling some other stuff on here lately too.) We'll be returning to tenting, which is ok, though the views from this upper bunk are hard to beat.

Runs great, road worthy. I've driven it all over the southwest and never had any issues. It can do about 65-70 on the interstate. Handles dirt and some bumps with ease. When you shift into 5th gear on this, the stress of life disappears.

Manual transmission (bulletproof compared to the horrible automatics of later models).

Lifted and added 16" (larger) alloy wheels and new Bilstein shocks. Full size matching alloy spare. Tires in good shape, many miles left.

164k miles. Previous owner was a mechanic and cared for it well. I had it looked over by a vw mechanic who specializes in these before I bought it. No leaks in the poptop.

Comes with many extras, including new window shades, the original fridge (which was removed and replaced with cabinets by the last owner), a 2" trailer hitch, and the removable middle seat. It has good functioning solar and A/C. It has a new stereo with USB, aux, and Bluetooth.

If you don't know, it has a poptop, can sleep four (realistically two adults and two young kids, would be amazing to live out of for one), has a propane heater (with new better thermostat), two burner stove, a sink with sizable water tank and rear sprayer/shower, the front seats spin to the middle (there is one original table included), and separate house battery in the back that is charged by solar, the engine while driving, or being plugged in.

I put in a new, better power converter for plugging in to shore power.

It lives in our garage when it isn't on the road.

A few things to note: it has some dings (no significant rust), it had mice in the engine compartment at one time before I owned it, so some liner is chewed some, the luggage rack shell thing (a known issue) isn't perfect but I did add some rivets and it is attached solidly, the driver's side electric mirror adjustment doesn't work, and the awning is old but functional.

I'm located in northern New Mexico but am potentially open to delivering to front range or similar if you buy it. Happy to answer other questions, do a google duo live tour, etc. with SERIOUS inquiries.

$18,000. Pretty firm on that, but we can talk if you are the right person for our van.

Detail

Tags