Converted camper van for sale!

Hi all,

I'm selling my beloved 2000 Ford Econoline E350 extended bed high top van, which I lovingly converted and then lived in for 3 years. We're currently located in Mammoth Lakes, CA. The van is currently registered in CA.

When I purchased it in 2016, it had previously been used as a transport vehicle with mostly highway miles (for folks commuting from the Sacramento area into the Bay). I am the second owner. I bought it with 80,000 miles. The majority of the miles I have put on it have also been on the highway.

About the build:

I converted the van from scratch using 100% recycled materials!!! Because it has a hightop, I can stand comfortably at 5'11. Taller folks may not be able to. I painted the topper with three coats of white solar reflective paint, and it's reduced the internal temps by 10-15 degrees in the summer! (Plus, the AC runs like a champ.)

There's reflectix foam insulation under the dark wood laminate flooring. The walls leave one walls of windows exposed. The side walls all have reflectix foam and fiberglass insulation under a 3mm painted plywood. I spent two winters in the van, regularly sleeping in sub-zero temps, and was comfortable. One side of the van can easily be used for hanging bicycle storage, walking space, etc. The other side has a long counter with foot space underneath that can be used as a desk. There's a locking cabinet with a large propane tank underneath that attaches to a 2 burner Coleman-style stove on the counter. I used a dark wood wallpaper style cover on the counter surface. It's begun to peel a bit, but is still great for easy cleaning and waterproofing of the wood. The counter has a pale blue tile backsplash.

The van bed is close to queen size - think of it as a slightly shortened queen. I'm 5'11 and have found the bed is perfect for one, and cozy and snuggly when shared. The mattress is a 4" memory foam. The bed is raised enough that I can comfortably sit up without hitting my head, but there's still close to 3' of vertical storage underneath, including a locking cabinet. This storage space has been enough to fit my climbing gear, multiple sets of skis, clothes... in short, everything I own fits underneath. There's also some hanging metal baskets above the bed and counter for easy access.

There's a basic electrical set up that consists of a Goal Zero Yeti 400 and a solar panel ($800 value). I chose not to permanently install the panel so that I can readjust it depending on the angle of the sun. In years of living in the van full time, I found the Yeti was always enough to charge my phone and laptop, keep the lights on, and cover other basic uses.

I have a like-new large Rctic cooler ($400 value) that I could consider selling as part of the package as well.

Maintenance history:
The van is CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP getting a suite of minor upgrades to make sure that it passes smog and will run well for whomever purchases it. We're talking hose replacements, air filters, basic stuff that you don't want to worry about, and won't have to. In the three years I've owned it, I've done the following repairs:

-All fluids flushed and replaced this year
-New oil filter this year
-Alignment, four new all terrain tires with less than 2,000 miles on them (still insured!), 2019
-New heater system, 2019
-New radio with CD, tape, aux, and usb inputs ($300 value), 2018
-All new hoses and spark plugs, 2017
-Replaced pinion joints (aids with steering), 2017
-New battery, 2017
-New brake pads, 2017 (approx. 15,000 miles ago)
-I've done regular oil changes every 4,000 miles or so

In sum, this is an old car and it runs great. I've used the same mechanic here in Mammoth throughout my ownership of it, and they can attest that it's in fantastic shape for its age.

It's RWD, but because it weighs 7,000 lbs, it has fantastic traction in snow. I have brand new tire chains (used maybe for one cross-town drive last winter). I almost never use chains, and have only had it become stuck in situations where more than 2' of snow has fallen. It handles excellently on highway and difficult jeep tracks alike (although it hasn't spent much time driving off road!)

The van is *somewhat* cosmetically challenged -- small dings and paint chips and the occasional noticeable dent. I've chosen not to get these repaired, as I believe they add to the theft-proof of the van. If it looks cheap, no one will believe you have pricey goodies inside! ;)

I love this van, and have poured lots of love and maintenance into it because I believe it has at least another 75,000 miles in it. However, I'm going to start grad school soon, and with this lifestyle change, this van is no longer sensible in my life.

The KBB value for an unconverted van with all of the specs is $4600. I've had offers of over $120000 in the past but am hoping to give someone a reasonable deal!

Email me at astra lincoln at gmail for a faster reply with something like "Camper Van" or what have you in the subject line!

Detail

Tags