Buyer pays $10 for shipping or local pick up in Las Vegas
Petzl Aztar - $135 per tool
Charlet Moser Aztar Tool features:
- Gently curved shaft for performance and a reverse-curve (easier hooking and precise, no-knuckle-bashing placements) pick penetrates ice solidly.
- The straight bottom allows shaft to be plunged into snow for use as an anchor.
- Thin, forged pick features a reverse-curve design for solid performance in hard, water ice.
- Ergo grip handle allows countless hours of comfort, sits well in your hand with each throw
- A great tool for steep ice and mixed climbing.
- One-piece head construction with a hammer thats incorporated into the head which makes the tool lighter, and easier to swing.
- The pick can still be replaced or exchanged.
- The shaft is less radically bent than some others, providing a natural grip while still giving clearance over obstacles.
- Comes with the Petzl Freelock leash, which locks down automatically and opens with a sideways sweep of the hand.
- Comes with the Blue Ice Pick. It is B-rated not as strong as thicker, T-rated picks, but thinner for easier penetration and less ice displacement. Can also accept the optional Quatro Pick, which is T-rated thicker and stronger than B-rated picks, but displaces more ice.
- These are great all around tools for anything w/ steep snow/alpine ice up to moderate WI, which is what they were designed for. Very light and swing well. The tool, IMO is very well designed. A great tool for mixed climbing if you can climb light, even on the B-rated picks.
- If you want to add a hand rest to the tool, it's well documented, link here:
Black Diamond Reactor Ice Tool $160 per tool
- Leashless ice tool design with sticky thermoplastic urethane grip offers high performance on medium to steep waterfall ice and alpine terrain
- Grip geometry keeps the hand-to-pick angle constant, which minimizes pick shifting during traverses, de-pumping, or when matching tools
- Optimal clearance shape allows for solid placements
- Aluminum reinforced pommels feature teeth for extra holding power to fight fatigue and protect hand from bashing and bruising
- Leash and clip-in holes at head and pommel to prevent loss of tool en route
- Chromoly steel Laser pick has a thinner nose and body to penetrate more easily and displace less ice for secure placements
- Stainless steel head and 7075-series aluminum shaft combine for lightweight but durable power on ice and mixed routes
- Curved shaft adds graceful reach for hooking cauliflower ice, precise striking on steep columns and nailing scratchy slopers on your project
- An ideal companion for mixed climbing, waterfall ice and drytool classic